Additional Fees

Dr Given Uzun charged me over $6,000 for an urgent care visit for a terrible headache!!!!First, they told me they took my insurance.

They don't, and only take Medicare according to their billers. Lie no 1. His office gave me 2 IVs the minute I got there and apparently this is the same protocol they use for almost everyone no matter the issue if you read Yelp reviews. Then Dr Uzun gave me 3 more tests (which I have confirmed with insurance I owe no more than $150-$300 for) and insisted on a 4th but I said no on the latter at which point he then agreed with me (as he knew I saw through his game)?!

And that is pretty much all he said. I know two IVs don't cost $5,800 so where is the balance coming from? It was the worst visit I've ever had with a doctor. He didn't ask me anything important about my condition.

I literally felt like I was talking to pre-med student... he just seemed really laissez-faire and like he couldn't care less.

So much for an oath of medical ethics.I will not pay this bill and I will vehemently fight it with my insurance company as well as contact the Attorney General's office who appears to already be investigating him for prosecution.

Review about: Playa Medical Plaza Emergency Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Fraudulent overbilling, Threatening email, Lack of care and concern for patients, Excessive and unnecessary tests, Holding medical records hostage.

Had an Experience with Playa Medical Plaza?

Comments